Why don't England fans support Liverpool in the champions league?

The envy is slowly climaxing towards peak levels. Still it's not at the levels of 2014 but you can bet when we get to the final they'll be right up there. But why won't England fans support Liverpool in the tournament when your teams were too sh*t to get to the latter stages. I hate America CF but I supported them in the CONCACAF CL against mls sides.

Well some do and some don't, the reason is a majority will feel dismissive of this because of the team they support in terms of rivalry etc. No fan wants to see a rival win the UCL when they have not themselves. The bigger picture than the fact it is an english team is the competition is not designed through successing countries but clubs even though some footballing neutrals and fans might feel good thinking this is good for english football and it is representing them as it is a club in their country competing against clubs from other countries.

I have supported Liverpool in Europe since about 1973 with fond memories and my son is a red. All the very best.

Club rivalry, most will and the London based media absolutely adore Liverpool so I don't buy into this English anti-scouse mentality. Every top club has a persecution complex, look at Arsenal a lot of English fans are hoping they fail in the Europa League, it's not exclusive to Liverpool at all.

• Lv 6
      2 years agoReport

can't understand why anyone want Arsenal to fail in Europe;hopefully we will make a clean sweep and take both cups

• EZIO

2014 was absolutely hilarious hahahaha that slip

Why would an armchair man united fan support the scouse?

There is a lot of jealousy and dark hearts in this world.

A lot do, but "top six fans" are usually just glory hunting bellends that aren't even from England.

• Nabinho
      2 years agoReport

Not who this question applies to, just Brits.

• well wether it happened to be in England or not , I wouldn't be supporting rivals in the Champ League of my team, that's me being honest now, if they are not rivals then it's a different story..

• Ronnie

Liverpool fans say "we're scouse not English" and disrespect the National anthem, deface the England flag, so we take them at their word and treat them like a separate little inbred nationality in a Northern slum

Btw the Anon user is "I don't believe it" because that's the only person that has me blocked, LoL

I think people are sick of certain fans acting like mindless thugs rearing their ugly heads again and giving the English a bad name.

• Nabinho
      2 years agoReport

The fact of how many likes this got proves how FURIOUS everyone is that they're doing well.