KSA asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 years ago

Do you get fat if you start gym and then stop?

I am 18 year old male. I have never gone to a gym until today and there is one thing that worries me. I am a slim guy and no matter how lazy i am and how much i eat i dont get fat ever. But i wanted to get a bit buff not a lot but a little on biceps and abs thats all. But i am worried that after getting to the size i want i may quit and feel lazy. I wanna know if i do that will i return back to normal like how i was before or will it make me chubby?

You will get chubby when you get older and lazy anyway as your metabolism slows down. Why not enjoy looking strong in between?

Actually if you want your abs to show you have to maintain a rather low body fat. Otherwise forget about abs.

Of course you could just do a job which requires physical labor, e.g. construction.

• kelvin

no you don't as you go there to gain muscle

• Bob

not unless you eat more calories than you burn

You *may* build up muscle, which weighs more than other tissue.

So, if you build a larger body and then don't keep in shape, it could seem you got fat when all you really did was to build a huskier body.

Why not do something else, like cycling or rowing? People who spend a lot of time exercising in front of a mirror are a certain type, you don't sound like one of them. Find something else that will get you the exercise, while providing an activity. There are plenty of ways to be in shape without being around that.