I lied to my date about my age?

I was with my friend who was using tinder (she's 18) and we set up an account for me just for fun. I actually ended up using it and I met someone I really liked. It says I'm 18 on my page because that's the age requirement, but I'm actually 16. The guy is 19 and has already graduated high school,... show more I was with my friend who was using tinder (she's 18) and we set up an account for me just for fun. I actually ended up using it and I met someone I really liked. It says I'm 18 on my page because that's the age requirement, but I'm actually 16. The guy is 19 and has already graduated high school, and I'm a sophomore. I met with him after talking to him every day for a little over a week and I had an amazing time, I really like him a lot. I meant to tell him about my real age but I was too nervous and didn't bring it up. So here's two questions: 1) how do I tell him I lied? and 2) 18 is the age of consent where I live, and there's no exceptions, is a 16 and 19 year old being together a big deal??
2 answers 2