Why didn’t I get the job?

I received a email saying that I have not gone through to short listing. I put in so much effort into this application form and have decent qualifications. There was one question that was stating whenever you have a criminal background such as whenever you’ve been arrested, detained, cautioned or convicted and I... show more I received a email saying that I have not gone through to short listing. I put in so much effort into this application form and have decent qualifications. There was one question that was stating whenever you have a criminal background such as whenever you’ve been arrested, detained, cautioned or convicted and I have a few of those except I’ve never been convicted of any crime. I have a very good background overall
Update: This job was for working for the emergency services that required background checks