Honda car won't recognize an android phone through USB. Can any app help?

My new-used 2012 Honda Fit won't recognize an android phone through USB. From what I can tell, it's because androids use a different file organization system than iPhones/iPods.

The car does NOT have Bluetooth. I know aux cord is an option but I want the phone to connect to the volume and channel buttons on the steering wheel.

I've already tried to debug USB through developer options on my phone. It doesn't help.

Is there any app I can download to fix this? Or is there any other way to make the phone usable when I'm in the car?

HI that is correct only APPLE are the main one that most recognise.

Add a Bluetooth adapter to the car, although you'd still have to operate the phone itself.

Or us the aux cord, which also means you must operate the phone manually.

Or, if you are really ambitious, re-write the software that runs the entertainment system in the car to understand Android instead of iOS.

Those are your options. Honda saw fit (hahahaha) to tie their system to iOS, leaving Android users out in the cold. Without rewriting the code that runs the system, there is no way to do what you want to do.