My 28 year old daughter and I don't get along. How can I get her out when she's on the lease? Or how do I get along with her better.?

If you're both on the lease, the lease only changes if everyone on it (ie both of you, and the landlord) agrees.

• Kini

You break the lease by paying a penalty. Discuss it with the landlord. Since her name is on the lease, I am assuming she refuses to leave.

If she is on the lease, you have no power to get her out, any more than she does to get you out.

"How can I get her out when she's on the lease?" You can't. She has the same right to be thee as you do.

"Or how do I get along with her better.?" How do I know? I don't know what the problems between you are.

• Maxi

Being 'on the lease' is one thing, if she signed it then she has every right as a tenant to stay and you have no right to ask her to leave, if she is just written on as an occupant and you are the signed tenant then you can give her 30 days notice to leave in writing ........... however this is your daughter and you really should be trying to 'get on' and getting help to do so if you are both incapable of compromising

• tro

you need to sit down with her and work out your problems, they may not all be yours to resolve, she could also be a part of the problem

If this was my daughter, I would make an effort to find a means of getting along with her. This might cause a sit down no hands barred conversation as to why the relationship is strained.

You both know the reason, you both need to verbalize the reason or reasons and find out if you are able to live together with these differences.

If all else fail, it might be time for a parting of the ways for the two of you.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"

• glenn

You could move out once the lease term is up and not allow her to move in with you. I would suggest that the two of you should find a way to go to counseling if needed. But it could be that when you no longer live together you will get along much better.

Without knowing the exact reasons that the two of you don't get along it is impossible to say for sure.