Is it normal that I want to completely isolate myself from society?

I have no longer the feeling of being with other people, I just want to be completely left alone. I'm definitely introverted, which I hear is okay, but is it common to want to isolate yourself from society? I do not want any friends in my life any longer and I wish to be alone for the rest of my life. I hate... show more I have no longer the feeling of being with other people, I just want to be completely left alone. I'm definitely introverted, which I hear is okay, but is it common to want to isolate yourself from society? I do not want any friends in my life any longer and I wish to be alone for the rest of my life. I hate talking or interacting with people, it's painfully awkward unless it's necessary to communicate with them. I've been trying to cut off my friends completely and it seems to be working, which I'm happy about. Does anyone else have the same feeling or is there just something wrong with me mentally?