spinesign asked in SportsOlympics · 3 years ago

Are the Olympics really happening in S. Korea?

Watched the opening ceremonies convinced it was N. Not watched anything since then. Then in my language class, they told me I was wrong. Really?

Update:

2 Pyongs, very confusing

Pyong is also a capital, very logical to be held there

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Yes, really

• RICK
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Hell there's 15 towns/cities called Austin in the US

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

You're not very smart are you.

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

I'm sorry you're not very smart. Try harder?

There are not "2 Pyongs". There is Pyeongchang County, in South Korea, where the Olympics are being held. There is Pyonyang, the capital of North Korea. Not only are they spelled completely differently, one is in a nation that is a brutal dictator-led state, sanctioned by the rest of the world for continued nuclear tests and human rights violations - why would anyone think that the Olympics were being held in North Korea?

You watched the opening ceremonies - I didn't, but I'm betting the South Korean flag was displayed pretty prominently. It looks very different from the North Korean flag.

Why would the capital be a logical place to hold the Olympics? There have been 24 Winter Olympic Games, and only twice have capital cities hosted the games (Oslo and Sarajevo). Most capital cities are populous, urban, and not well suited to outdoor winter sports.

It took me about 4 minutes to find all of the information above, plus maybe another minute to type it up.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 years ago

No one knows

• 3 years ago

Yes it was in South Korea..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.