How to emotionally move on/recover/heal from NPD abuse and public ostracism/humiliation?

Raised in a wealthy small suburb in the midwest where I was the scapegoat to two NPD parents. My sister was the golden child. My sister fell apart in college with an eating disorder, sex addiction, drug use, etc and had to move back home. During this time the family spread rumors about me to distract from my... show more Raised in a wealthy small suburb in the midwest where I was the scapegoat to two NPD parents. My sister was the golden child. My sister fell apart in college with an eating disorder, sex addiction, drug use, etc and had to move back home. During this time the family spread rumors about me to distract from my sister's downfall and I was defenseless. First of all the good news is it has pushed me to leave the midwest and live in amazing world class cities. The other good news is during college I grew apart from all my high school friends and no longer keep in touch with them... so it's not like they are a part of my life for awhile. The bad news is being publicly humiliated by a group of people is still a difficult thing to cope with. It gives me a lot of anxiety and I feel defenseless and hopeless. The fact an entire town of people attack me based on gossip makes me angry, depressed, and sad. What is a good way to accept and move on from this mental block on my life? These people have no influence on my current life. I moved to an amazing huge city across the country. But going through ostracism has given me social anxiety and distrust in people in general. The fact an entire town participates in group think and jumps to conclusions about me without even speaking to me in over 8 years makes me feel oppressed.