Taylor B asked in SportsMartial Arts · 2 years ago

Is it true that brute force is the only thing that matters in a fight?

I hear all the time that skill,technique,speed is not enough to beat size,strength,raw power,and timing. But my thing is if that's the case how do you build brute strength and raw power if you weren't born with it? People say punches are made not born I presume kicks are also included in this theory as well. But if that's the case then how can you build your punching and kicking power if you weren't born with it? How can you hurt someone or even protect yourself and family if you don't have those physical attributes like a strong person? What's the point of training or learning to fight if it's all useless and dosent improve anything about you? How? Just how are you going to beat these type of people? Please don't say avoid or run away because some fights you just can't avoid and running away makes you look like a coward plus I'm sure if your family was endangered your not just going to run away your going to try and fight and protect them. Also don't say fight dirty I'm pretty sure they can fight you dirty back. Also if they are tough fighting dirty is not going to work or hurt them and most likely people like this are tough. Last but not least it's a lack of man hood for males.

No. 5 months ago in Russia, a powerlifter was “beaten to death” by a much smaller MMA fighter.

https://youtu.be/bPCLnn7zG60

Youtube thumbnail

Did you ever see a cat fight against a large dog? Most of the time the cat will win the fight, this is because of speed, agility and sharp claws. In martial arts it's the same, speed, through sensitivity training, although a person does not have claws like a cat, we can still still train to become more lethal, making use of our hands for chops, punches, palm strikes, single knuckle, finger jabs. We can also use knees and elbows, plus head butting. Learning how to strike pressure points correctly, would also be a good idea. I don't consider brute force being important, because "not all men are created equal" and because of this you must adapt.

Q: Is it true that brute force is the only thing that matters in a fight?

-No, skill matters too.

Q: I hear all the time that skill,technique,speed is not enough to beat size,strength,raw power,and timing.

-Depends on the skill, technique, and the speed, and how much size, strength, and raw power difference we are talking about. An ant would probably never beat an elephant no matter how skilled it is. But if a person isn't frail and the other guy isn't unreasonably strong(like an olympian or something), then good amount of skill should be able to overcome the difference no problem.

Q: But my thing is if that's the case how do you build brute strength and raw power if you weren't born with it?

-They have this thing called gym. People go in to lift heavy things and do other kind of activities that promote muscle growth. It allows people to get stronger, faster, and it develops their coordination. Some people might even take a more novel approach of training martial art where they will practice fighting to help them develop skill and get fit at the same time.

Q: People say punches are made not born I presume kicks are also included in this theory as well.

-So I heard, but I'm not a big believer in that.

Q: But if that's the case then how can you build your punching and kicking power if you weren't born with it?

-Train and develop skill and fitness necessary to gain power.

Q: How can you hurt someone or even protect yourself and family if you don't have those physical attributes like a strong person?

-Without proper training and strength, I guess you would rely on external objects. Lock your doors and call for help, and if you have weapons then arm yourself so that if the attacker breaches the door then you can fight back.

Q: What's the point of training or learning to fight if it's all useless and dosent improve anything about you?

-But it does improve you.

Q: How? Just how are you going to beat these type of people?

-Train. Get better and stronger.

Q: Please don't say avoid or run away because some fights you just can't avoid and running away makes you look like a coward

-I envy that you live in such a tight knit community that will remember you on sight let alone remember that you ran away. As for me, if I suddenly ran away from a fight in the middle of the street, nobody on that street would even know who I am let alone remember that I ran away a hour later.

Q: plus I'm sure if your family was endangered your not just going to run away your going to try and fight and protect them.

-Yup, which is why I train.

Q: Also don't say fight dirty I'm pretty sure they can fight you dirty back.

-Oh, I'm expecting them to fight dirty in the first place. It's stupid to think that because I'm going to fight fair that they'll do the same. These are the guys that came to harm me and my family for no good reason. Fairly sure 'fair fight' isn't something they're looking for.

Q: Also if they are tough fighting dirty is not going to work or hurt them and most likely people like this are tough.

-Once again that's why I train.

Q: Last but not least it's a lack of man hood for males.

-Meh, I'm not into stupid male ego trips. I do what I need to do to keep me and my loved ones safe from jacks that's looking to harm us.

Ever see a 120lb small individual beat a 250lb strong guy? Ever wonder how Bruce Lee who was nothing more than what 145lbs kick and move a 300+lb punching bag? It is more than strength. It is abt training, conditioning and most of all technique.

Also there is not such thing as fighting dirty if it is self preservation of you or the loved ones. You are so way off ******** base it is disturbing. And FYI fighting dirty is not a lack of manhood. What you have is denial. I think you are less of a man by what you say.

I train my body to take that beating the 'tough guy' dishes out. And when they are tired it is my turn to hurt them. The question is can they handle it. Probably not if they do not train on a regular basis.

• Steel

Your premise is false on its face.

There actually is much to be said for brute force and strength, but it isn't the end all, be all.

• Lv 4
      2 years agoReport

good answer & good point

• Paul

whats good for the goose is good for the gander