Taylor B asked in SportsMartial Arts · 2 years ago

Whats the point of training in any fighting style?

Since a untrained street fighter can beat a trained fighter with sheer confidence and aggression and power shots and skills that they experimented and it worked on their own. Whats the point of training? If that'd the case then all training arts out there are crap boxing wont work Kickboxing wont work muay thai wont work wrestling wont work navy seals/military combat wont work pretty much any style out there won't work because if all it takes for you to be is a tough street fighter and just get into alot of street fights and gain fight experience from that alone then training is pointless! All a person got to do is workout, eat right, stay in shape, hit a punching bag, fight in the street alot and they will be perfect ultimate fighters. Martial arts and combat training are crap then! Prime example boxing! How is boxing a training if anyone can fight like one? All I think boxing is a honing mechanism not a legit art or skill. Boxing is just two street fighters putting on gloves and going at it instead of bareknuckle. If you don't believe me why when we watch two untrained people fight say like on YouTube or someone you actually seen in your life fight why to they already know how to throw jab,cross,hooks,uppercuts,bob,weave,slip,dip,etc and they have never actually been properly taught these things in real life? All they did was imitate! Also since fighting is all about who got the best confidence out the two since fighting is more of a mental thing whats the point of training

Your post is nonsense. You cannot win a fight just by confidence. Believing you can win does not make you more likely to win. If anything, just the opposite is true. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, makes you more likely to lose a fight than overconfidence. If you are overconfident, you underestimate your opponent and lose the fight.

Your paragraph is false. A trained fighter will beat a street fighter any day. Especially because most likely the trained guy will be conditioned. The street won’t.

☆ Sent from iOS Dr. Know! 1.1.02

I was jumped by 5 guys and my jaw was broken in two places by two fast weighted sucker punches. When talking to the police at the hospital he asked if I studied any type of fighting. He could tell because of the fact that I didn't go to the ground with such a hard weighted sucker punches. He felt it would have been a lot different if I went to the ground. There's more to the whole story.. but you get the point.

What you're saying is total nonsense. Most trained MMA fighters can "mop the floor" with untrained brawlers who are "twice their body weight." I don't know where you got the idea that trained fighters are no match for an angry brawler who's committed to winning a fight, but you are dead wrong in your assumption. Most unskilled brawlers lack the basic understanding of "conservation of energy", that most skilled, experienced fighters have mastered. So most brawlers will "wear themselves out" fighting an MMA fighter, if they don't get knocked out or choked out first.

You are completely missing the point of martial arts. You can find it in the letter of Sokon Matsumura. No one in the right mind, will teach a hooligan any real skills.

• Samus

It's fun, and better exercise (for me) than running on a treadmill.

• Lv 4
      2 years agoReport

great answer

If you feel that way, then i suggest that there's no need for you to train in any fighting art.

• Lv 4
      2 years agoReport

very good advice

• Steel

What was Kimbo Slice's professional fighting record? If there is even a single loss (there are multiple), it disproves your point.

Mike Tyson would disagree with your statement

To build muscle and become more skilled. While there are anomolies, usually the trained fighter will win.