If someone was born with an accent, is it possible to make that change before they speak (read on)?

Okay, sorry that title makes 0 sense, but I can't fit it all. Anyways, if someone was born with any sort of accent, but hasn't learned to speak, can you make them start speaking in an American accent or something BEFORE they learn to talk? I hope that made enough sense to have the right answer I'm... show more Okay, sorry that title makes 0 sense, but I can't fit it all. Anyways, if someone was born with any sort of accent, but hasn't learned to speak, can you make them start speaking in an American accent or something BEFORE they learn to talk?

I hope that made enough sense to have the right answer I'm looking for. All I'm asking is whether or not it's possible to "change" someone's accent to American before they learn to speak.