Jealousy but holding it inside don’t know what else to do. Said something dumb on FB!?

So about 7 years ago i went on a few dates with a girl. She was a couple years older than me. I kind of liked her thought she was good looking etc. Neve went out again never communicated with her much after that. 7 years later, my 55 yr old dad says he’s dating a younger girl named Rita. I think that reminds me... show more So about 7 years ago i went on a few dates with a girl. She was a couple years older than me. I kind of liked her thought she was good looking etc. Neve went out again never communicated with her much after that. 7 years later, my 55 yr old dad says he’s dating a younger girl named Rita. I think that reminds me of who i went out with years ago on a few dates. Well low and behold she just moved back after completing grad school works at my dads work and they’re involved with each other. I told him that we had gone a couple of times like 7 years ago. He wa shocked and asked how i felt about it. I said i didn’t care. He told her about it and she remembered me. She’s obviously changed a little since then having matured and had more life experience.

I still found myself very attracted to her and then when I found she was expecting it literally drove me crazy and i have a gf but Rita was all i could think about.

So Rita had the baby last night and posted on Facebook that they just welcomed a baby girl.....people congratulated her and my dad and right away two women are posting “when is she going to have baby #2?” Of course i said something stupid! I posted “i can’t believe I’m saying this but congrats to you and my dad!” Should i have said that? Does it make me look like I’m jealous which i am but still have something for her?
1 answer 1