3 year old dwi charge?

Hi everyone I have a situation about 3 years ago I had got a 2nd dwi yes I know I was very stupid but I haven't drank again since that day. However, the judge ordered that I have an interlock installed on on the car but, I was driving a friend's car and at that time I didn't have car but the judge still... show more Hi everyone I have a situation about 3 years ago I had got a 2nd dwi yes I know I was very stupid but I haven't drank again since that day. However, the judge ordered that I have an interlock installed on on the car but, I was driving a friend's car and at that time I didn't have car but the judge still ordered that I have an interlock for one year. I couldnt get an interlock since i had no car but i paid my fines went to rehab and all is well. Now it's 3 years later i was just pulled over and was told that I'm supposed to have an interlock. My question is why do I need one when the judge ordered it for the year but it's now 3 years later? Does it mean that the year starts once the interlock is put in cause I was never told that by the judge nor my lawyer.
2 answers 2