How do I lower my expectations this Christmas so I am not disappointed?

I miss the joy of the days it was a big family get together when I was a kid. We had 19 cousins on my Mom's side and 12 on my Dad's side. Now I am an adult. All four grandparents have died. Naturally after the grandparents died the family events were less. My Mom had disagreements with her family so while... show more I miss the joy of the days it was a big family get together when I was a kid. We had 19 cousins on my Mom's side and 12 on my Dad's side. Now I am an adult. All four grandparents have died. Naturally after the grandparents died the family events were less. My Mom had disagreements with her family so while they get together at Thanksgiving, we are not welcome. I see them at other times of the year at funerals and they still ask me to weddings. On my Dad's side everyone lived out of town but after the grandparents died they stopped coming to town. We are still close but summer is when we gather and not Christmas.

So Christmas is just my parents and I, my 3 siblings and their spouses and two nephews. Also one aunt stops by with her son sometimes (one sister my Mom sees still). All the joy we had is gone and I feel so sad that it is a let down. How do I not let this happen on Christmas this year?