What do these nightmares mean?

In almost every nightmare I have, I’m either jumping out of my bedroom window from the second floor of my house and running down the road away from it, making sure I don’t look back. Or, I’ll run out the front door and start running down the road away from the house. Typically, when I exit out the window, I’m... show more In almost every nightmare I have, I’m either jumping out of my bedroom window from the second floor of my house and running down the road away from it, making sure I don’t look back. Or, I’ll run out the front door and start running down the road away from the house. Typically, when I exit out the window, I’m trying to really quiet so the thing trying to kill me doesn’t know leaving the house and I’ll have extra time to run before it notices. Sometimes, as I’m running, I end up stopping in my place even though I’m still running... it’s like I’m running but I’m not going anywhere. And it’s scary as hell because I’m trying to get away from whatever is trying to kill me. There was only one instance where I was able to go farther down the road, but it was dark, with an exception of a couple of streetlights, and the houses didn’t look familiar - it was like I was lost. Then, there’s also dreams where I’ll quietly try to escape from a side door in my house that leads to my backyard, which eventually leads to the same road - except I run the opposite direction of the road, which goes to the left. When I take this route, I try to hide behind my house’s brick wall as I run until I get past the windows - every time I take this route, I feel like the thing can watch me from the window and will know what route I took so it can find me. Does anyone know what these dreams could indicate? I’m tired of having them.
3 answers 3