Two better speakers or four speakers (two same speakers + 2 crappy ones)?

Im not looking for some high quality sound set up.I recently bought a pair of logitech z200 speakers for my computer. I have a old set of z100 as well. Would it improve the quality even if z100 are very low quality? It sounds muffled. If i do keep both sets, placing them where would provide the ideal listening experience?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

I'm not sure how you intend to connect four speakers with a two speaker (stereo) output, or if you actually have a place to connect four speakers properly, but I assume with a splitter adapter of some sort. Unless you can decode and/or apply surround sound processing for the signal source the sound of the systems will cause a kind of smearing you wont like, and provide no benefit.. But again, with product so poorly made, it seems sound quality isn't an issue anyway, so best that can be said is play with them as you like, its your stuff.

• 2 years ago

Use only the pair that sound better.

The lesser ones should go to a thrift store

or be given to someone who has a use for them.

Logitech has no idea how to achieve good sound quality

and should not be making or marketing speakers at all.

I would use a normal stereo receiver and a pair of decent "bookshelf" speakers,

which, if bought used on a basis of sufficient knowledge,

can be had for the same or less money compared to crappy "computer" speakers.

• 2 years ago

Toss the z100's. A good rule of thumb to remember in cases like this is that your sound quality experience will never exceed the quality of the weakest link in the chain..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.