Was Roger Moore Good As James Bond?

He played the role in 7 films, more than any other actor, though Sean Connery technically also did 7 films as he also did 'Never Say Never Again' Moore did Live And Let Die (1973) The Man With The Golden Gun (1974) The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) Moonraker (1979) For Your Eyes Only (1981) Octopussy (1983) A... show more He played the role in 7 films, more than any other actor, though Sean Connery technically also did 7 films as he also did 'Never Say Never Again'

Moore did

Live And Let Die (1973)
The Man With The Golden Gun (1974)
The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
Moonraker (1979)
For Your Eyes Only (1981)
Octopussy (1983)
A View To A Kill (1985)

Personally, I didn't rate him very much as Bond, he was too 'funny', Connery had a cool kind of humour, like in Goldfinger (1964), he electrocuted a bad guy and just said 'Shocking, positively shocking', I think Roger Moore's Bond humour was a bit silly.

The Spy Who Loved Me (1977), is the only Bond film of his I really like, I guess Moonraker (1979) is pretty good, so is For Your Eyes Only (1981) but not great like Connery's From Russia With Love (1963) and Goldfinger (1964)

Though as Bond I rate Moore better than Daniel Craig easily, possibly George Lazenby, but I think Lazenby was the fittest and best in shape Bond and On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969) is as good as any Moore film

I rate the Bond actors

Sean Connery
Timothy Dalton
Pierce Brosnan
Roger Moore
George Lazenby
Daniel Craig