Should I end my relationship with my best friend. I have a good job 2.3 children a nice house. He...well doesn't.?

My friend got super heavy into drugs. he got arrested the day of my wedding. My best man. He called once then we didn't speak until he got better, two years. We started talking occasionaly again.He was still on drugs, but slowly weened himself off of drugs including pot. Yay Great! except the story continues. ... show more My friend got super heavy into drugs. he got arrested the day of my wedding. My best man. He called once then we didn't speak until he got better, two years. We started talking occasionaly again.He was still on drugs, but slowly weened himself off of drugs including pot. Yay Great! except the story continues. He spent all of his time from about the age of 16 or so on drugs until about 27 or 28. Maybe more. Now he is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic with violent Hallucinations. He hasnt committed a violent act, but he still has the potential. He either never learned, or forgot how to do basic hygiene. He smells. Bad. He doesn't respond well to "take a shower" He always gets weird rashes. His friends get weird contagious diseases. He randomly has Lice and Scabies. I suspect he may have bedbugs. He smokes 3 packs a day. I have to pause whatever I'm doing with him because he needs to smoke. At his house he just smokes. I have thrown away clothes just from stepping into his house. I usually can get the smell out, but not always. He lives with his parents and has never had a real job. His brothers also live with him. Similar scenario's with them but they all do drugs still. I don't know how much or what kind. All this is bad enough but its weird, but here is the kicker. He now has a girlfriend. I don't know her at all, but imagine the kind of person that would date him. Thats what I imagine. I cannot trust her or let myself meet her. What should I do.
Update: I need to add, we were friends from birth until the wedding incident, and we have both tried to make it work, but I keep him at arms length. I love him. I really do, but It is so hard to make myself be around him. We even have fun. I enjoy our time together, but I feel he is a threat to my family (unintentionally)
Update 2: He wouldn't steal from me. No doubt in my mind about that. Not naivety either. The time for that would have been when he had unfettered access to my home when he was on drugs all the time. He had all kinds of terrible women then. However, I have no faith in her. If she is even remotely like I imagine. I have... show more He wouldn't steal from me. No doubt in my mind about that. Not naivety either. The time for that would have been when he had unfettered access to my home when he was on drugs all the time. He had all kinds of terrible women then. However, I have no faith in her. If she is even remotely like I imagine. I have no doubt that she could ask him detailed questions about my life, and he innocently tell her. Then rob me.
20 answers 20