Do you think this girl is being to harsh on me? I made one mistake but she is telling me to stay out of her life forever.?

Long story short I got jealous of this girl because she got hired at the same place I worked at and I felt she was stealing my work also I was jealous because I thought she was prettier than me so I made up lies about her and she got fired. This was 5 years ago and now I have admitted to the boss I lied about her... show more Long story short I got jealous of this girl because she got hired at the same place I worked at and I felt she was stealing my work also I was jealous because I thought she was prettier than me so I made up lies about her and she got fired.
This was 5 years ago and now I have admitted to the boss I lied about her and said sorry to her more than once and tried to be nice to her but she tells me to stay out of her life for good

It was just one mistake I made and she is giving me a life sentence