Is it bad to call in sick to work at supermarket job? (Only two months in)?

I m a student working at a supermarket part time. I ve only been working there two months but I ve never been late and have always worked hard. I ve been given way too many hours and have asked my manager to reduce my hours which he obliged. This weekend however I still have many hours which I tried to get someone... show more I m a student working at a supermarket part time. I ve only been working there two months but I ve never been late and have always worked hard.
I ve been given way too many hours and have asked my manager to reduce my hours which he obliged. This weekend however I still have many hours which I tried to get someone to cover one of them, but everyone I asked was very vague if they could.
Anyway, I now actually have a horrible cold and to add insult to injury i am on verge of breaking up with my boyfriend. I really want to call in sick on one of my shifts, as I am actually sick for a start, and I need to catch up with uni work and just try and relax as I feel so tearful. I just feel so guilty especially considering my circumstances leading up to all my shifts - I m worried it won t look good!