Just quit my job due to being bullied..?

Hi I'm 22 and unfortunately have just left my job due to being badly bullied by a co worker, and management doing absolutely nothing about it. I am currently looking for a new role in the same industry. However, my mind has now conjured up a new worry. The co worker that was bullying me was also looking to... show more Hi I'm 22 and unfortunately have just left my job due to being badly bullied by a co worker, and management doing absolutely nothing about it. I am currently looking for a new role in the same industry. However, my mind has now conjured up a new worry. The co worker that was bullying me was also looking to leave and find a new job doing the same thing (we both did the same job). The problem is, where I live there are only really 40-50 places you can work doing what I do, so the chances of running into someone you already know is reasonably high. I'm worrying now that me and my ex co-worker will unknowingly apply at the same company and become co-workers again. This co worker was throwing food at me, so I'd really like to avoid them if possible, as I'd probably end up leaving again, is this my anxiety creating these worries. The thing is, they are perfectly fine out of work, I.e. Work night outs, so I guess I could message them on Facebook and see what they're up to before I accept a new job offer. I know there is a small possibility of this happening, but am I over thinking/exaggerating it all?
38 answers 38