Why do I still get hit while trying to dodge punches?

What I'm saying is I take Mixed Martial Arts but due to life circumstances I haven't been to practice in a while. MMA is my only passion but anyway let's stay on topic. Like I was saying I have been in it for six years I have improved alot but I still feel the same when I started. When I spar I still... show more What I'm saying is I take Mixed Martial Arts but due to life circumstances I haven't been to practice in a while. MMA is my only passion but anyway let's stay on topic. Like I was saying I have been in it for six years I have improved alot but I still feel the same when I started. When I spar I still cant react in time and I can't tell when a punch and kick is coming to dodge. Even when I do dodge I still get hit. I was play fighting with my girl friend we were open hand boxing and when I call my self trying to dip under she still ended up hitting me in the eye. But I'm starting to doubt myself even more because the things is that's where I always struggled at in fighting. I want to get better at fighting so I can feel confident to defend myself when the time comes. Just getting hit by her made me lose even more confidence. I just want to approve this weakness in my fighting like I said martial arts is my only passion. So why do i still keep making these same mistakes what am I doing so wrong!? It's also like a bipolar moment some days I will do so well others I completely suck but majority of the times it's like I still don't do so well I remain the same. Please help I need some advice thank you!
6 answers 6