Do you remember 9/11 as the death of free speech?

I was in college during 9/11, I remember the first thing I said when I saw the video: "This looks like controlled implotion". Every one would yell at me "GO TO IRAQ" The second thing I would say it was weird was al the news channels already having prepared videos and information about Bin... show more I was in college during 9/11, I remember the first thing I said when I saw the video: "This looks like controlled implotion".

Every one would yell at me "GO TO IRAQ"

The second thing I would say it was weird was al the news channels already having prepared videos and information about Bin Landen.
I would say: "Isn't it weird that they already have all this material ready in less then an hour?"

Every one would yell at me "You are a TERRORIST"

Then I kept saying it made no sense to go after Iraq if the highjackers were Saudis. I would say they only wanted Iraq's oil.

Years had to go by before I could finally say these things without being labelled a 'terrorist traitor'

To me, 9/11 was when free speech died in the USA.