Taylor B asked in SportsMartial Arts · 3 years ago

How do you beat a person in a fight If they can't feel pain?

What I mean by this is if adrenaline is pumping and supposedly make you superhuman god like and invincible how can a person feel pain if adrenaline negates the effects of pain? Also whats the point of working out and conditioning yourself for fighting if adrenaline naturally produces all of this? What I mean by this is more tolerance to pain to where you can't feel it, more cardio and stamina, more strength and endurance even though you never worked out and conditioned your body to earn these things it's just naturally produced. So whats the point of it all if adrenaline is the key to everything?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Well... for ONE thing, you could just apply a rear naked choke for three seconds, and they'll go unconscious.

OR... you could do a million other things!

Someone who can't feel pain is NOT invincible... they're just neurologically compromised.

Not that many techniques are pain compliant. If someone kicks, punches, elbows, or knees this person with sufficient force to the head... maybe he won't feel it, but he'll still be knocked out! Alternatively, if he is thrown on slammed on his head, the same thing applies!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Beat them more

• Bon
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

Nothing makes you superhuman much less god-like and certainly not even adrenaline. Nor does it negate pain. Everyone have adrenaline coursing through their veins when afraid. Everyone gets that way in a fight and, yet, there are knockouts and people tapping out in competitions. If adrenaline does what you claim, how do you account for all the loss?

• 3 years ago

Not being able to feel pain makes it easier in a way.

Pain is a response to something being wrong, of getting hurt. Not feeling pain therefore does not mean you are not getting hurt.

So the guy with the adrenaline rush 1) does not feel pain 2) does not think he's getting hurt while 3) accumulating injuries. He would probably not think of defense opening himself up to get knockout/knock down.

Also adrenaline rushes end. When it does, he is done. Look up fighters who had adrenaline dumps. They look lost and totally untrained.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 years ago

So... The answer is kind of simple. Adrenaline doesn't make you superhuman. It does increase athletic ability a little bit if adrenaline hit you the right way, but it likely will not. Even if it hits you the right way, it is only a bit increase usually and you will still get over powered. The adrenaline also helps you focus and amplifies your senses, but in a kind of tunnel vision focus so that you stop paying attention to things outside of your focus. Which can lead to you being blind sided by another attacker. Your ability to think clearly also goes out the window, which makes you easier to panic and resort to doing something stupid over and over when it does not work. And your fine motor function goes out the window too, so in the worst case you might struggle to work a door knob or use the touch screen phone to call 911. That and your ability to measure and experience time correctly is altered too, and so much more.

Essentially, if adrenaline hits the correct way it might help a little, but more often then not adrenaline is much more of a burden than a help. It's much more predictable and easier to fight in a calm mindset without the adrenaline alteration.

As to how do you fight without pain? Well I categories techniques into two categories, pain compliant and stopping powered(the exact term doesn't really matter btw). Pain complaint techniques are the techniques that just deals pain and saps away at the other person's will to continue fighting. I really do not like these techniques because more you need them to work less reliable they will be. For example, if I'm playing around pain compliant technique will show great results, but if the opponent and I am fighting for our lives then no amount of pain compliant technique will sap the other guy's will to fight. More serious the fight less effective these are.

The stopping powered techniques are the techniques that physically shuts down the opponents ability to continue fighting. A KO is a physical condition that shuts the opponent's brain off involuntarily. The opponent doesn't get a say in the matter. Same goes with snapping something with a joint lock. Also with losing consciousness from blood chokes. Oh, and losing consciousness from blood loss through external or internal damage, though this is more from weapons than empty hands.

Essentially I rely on stopping powered techniques, and I can take out a person whether they can feel pain or not. For me it doesn't make any difference. Any martial artists worth their salt will also have plenty of stopping powered techniques at their disposal, so they should be able to handle people that can't feel pain just as well.

P.S. Just re-read the question and I just wanted to point out adrenaline does nothing for endurance at all. So technically even if you were super human I could just wear you out before turn your brain off.

• 3 years ago

Not all techniques are pain compliant. If you only know how to hit hard then yes, you are for the most part relying on your opponent feeling pain. Knowing which targets to strike is much more efficient and often doesn't take nearly as hard of a hit as does trying to make someone hurt by hitting them. UFC is a very good example of how much some of the fighter have to beat their opponent to make them quit and that's just a sport.

Traditionally when a style was talking about bone breaking it did not always mean that you literally broke someone's bone. Bone breaking includes techniques affecting the skeletal structure so a person would loose their balance. This is bone compliance and can but does not always include pain compliance.

Then there is also muscle compliance. Ever wonder why you would never push a car out of the ditch going sideways? You have no strength there. Knowing where you are strong and taking the fight to where a person is weak while maintaining your strength is another strategy in a fight.

Fighting is not about exchanging fisticuffs. You throw a few punches, then your opponent throws a few punches and back and forth.

• Paul
    Lv 5
    3 years ago

beating the person up isn't the question ,if they cant feel pain is ..

u cant divert one question without having the effect or counter effect explained

the shaolin monks numb their numbskulls by deading the nerve impuleses over and over

again ,this is done so they wont feel pain and continue to fight

so your question if theres no wind how do u fly a kite is irrelevant

• Steel
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

Pain isn't an affliction; it's a symptom of something being wrong. Just because somebody doesn't feel something is wrong doesn't mean everything is fine. One can still be knocked out, choked out, or incapacitated by other means. Sometimes, because someone can't feel something is wrong, they do more damage to themselves, such as walking on a broken leg. And you can bet once the adrenaline or whatever substance an individual is hopped up on wears off, they'll be feeling it.

• 3 years ago

It doesn't make them unable to be K.O'd, the punch you don't see conning does the most damage

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Render them unconscious or kill them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.