Could I change my mind again ?

So I talked to the leasing office of the apartment where I got approved and explained my financial situation and basically told her that although I was approved, I wouldnt be able to afford the rent and utilities. She asked me how much I could afford and I mentioned the two bedroom special for $999 that they were just offering about a month ago, but then she said it wasn't doable. If I were to include all of my expenses and subtract it from my monthly income, I would have a little over $500 month to buy clothes, pay electric bill and water bill, put gas in my car. Now lets just say my financial situation changed over the next few days, would I be able to call them back and get the apartment?

That would only work if the unit is still available and you can show proof the income will not go down again.

It's no different than buying anything else. If you don't think you can afford it today and choose not to buy today, as long as it is still available you can always go back and get it later.

PS: Listing clothes alongside your true monthly bills, not mention you put it first, says a lot. Get a handle on your true bills first and then see what is left for your disposable income which includes clothes, entertainment, eating out, etc.

• Maxi

The reality is you can't afford anything that is more than one third of your monthly income and if your income 'fluctuated within a few days' it can go up and down in the same time, so if you sign a contract when your income is high what happens when you are not earning enough to pay the rent? Work out exactly what you can afford to pay in rent before you return anywhere ......... so if you earn $1500 per month, you can't afford anything more than $500 in rent, so affording $999 rent you have to be earning $3000 per month, if you aren't you can't afford to live there

Ask him or her to lower the price is right,

and go for the gusto. keep on trucking

don't stop trucking your going to be a star some dayyy!

I pick light beer, drink miller.

do the do mountain dew.

• Mike

That would depend on whether or not it was rented to someone else. If its still available, you could accept their price. You might have to apply again though.