Could I be approved for first part, but denied for the second part of my application for an apartment?

I put in an application for an apartment and received a phone call letting me know that I was approved based on the results of my criminal, background and credit checks. So yesterday I went to the apartment to submit the rest of my documents (paystubs, birth certificates, ss cards, ID) and to pay the holding fee. I also had to sign papers giving them permission to verify employment, income and check my rental history. The rental history is what I think may cause a problem. I've never been evicted, but I have been late paying my rent. It has happened three times so far at my current apartment. I feel like this information, if my current landlord discloses it, shouldn't completely disqualify me, but I'm pretty sure it has some bearing on their decision. Should I be worried or not because I've already been approved based on the first half of the app?

I wouldn't worry if I were you. Landlords don't like being paid late, but they aren't concerned with you unless you aren't up to date on what is owed or have ditched instead of paying what is owed.

Yes you can still be denied for poor rental history. You are not approved until they complete the entire review process.

I wouldn't be worried.

• MadMan

Yes, you should be concerned.