My home air conditioner doesn't seem to work efficiently. I feel cold air out of the vents but it doesn't seem to be blowing hard enough?

• roger

check the air filter. sounds like it is clogged...

my air handler is a lot older than Passive's ... about 40 years old and still working. Fan only has one speed. It's either on or off. Patience.

Source(s): grampa

The blower needs to operate at a higher speed when pushing cold air than heated air. In the old days, the electric blower motor had several sets of internal windings to achieve the different speeds . . . . . newer units with electronic controls have variable speed motors controlled by the electronics: our current Lennox unit has 16 different speeds available to optimize noise vs airflow. On our, it's an adjustment with a series of switches the homeowner can make . . . . . others require an HVAC tech to connect the wires to obtain the desired blower speed.

theres something wrong with it, i would call someone to come fix it.