Sarah
Sarah asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 3 years ago

Questions about being on the swim team?

I am thinking of joining the swim team this year, but I've had a few bad things happen. I know how to swim so I'm not afraid of drowning, but 2 years ago, I was at a swim meet and when I dove in, I cut myself on the lane line. I've cut myself on that many times, but I went to a lake a few weeks later and I ended up getting MRSA. I'm afraid of getting an illness. Also, I have embarrasing stretch marks on my arms and legs and we're required to wear swimsuits that do not cover where I have stretch marks. How can I get over embarrassing stretchmarks?

• Favourite answer

If it makes you feel better, my cat uses me as a launching post: and thus i am COVERED in scratches everywhere. I swim 4 times a week for 2 hours a day. I do not cover up my scratches. I am sure not many will care about your scratches. Although you may want to learn to dive in better and not crash into the landline as much. Join the swim team! You might regret it later. If someone makes fun of you, tell them to stfu or something. No one deserves to get bullied because of anything. Its not embarrassing by the way, I have several scars from crashing into lane lines as well.

Source(s): 6.5 years of swimming

just cause you got mrsa dont mean you'll get it again and as for the stretch marks youre probably not the only one getting those