Why don't Roger McGuinn and Richard Thompson record a cd together. They've played together many times and it seems like a logical thing.?

I saw them do a great version of Keep Your Distance a few years ago. I'd like to hear a whole album.

I'd guess that finding time might be a problem - not just to tecord but to plan it and work up material. Then I guess there's not much point unless they can promote it.

Also, I guess they both "do" the same thing - write, sing, accompany themselves on guitar and play great lead guitar. Maybe each of them would prefer to work with someone who did something different. I think they both have high standards, playing live is one thing but maybe they don't think a studio CD would add anything to what they do individually.

I've been a great fan of Richard Thompson since Fairport and the "Henry". I'd like another album like Strict Tempo.

Just because you play a lot together does not mean you can record together. There maybe other things holding them back from doing a cd together. When money comes into the equation even the best of friends can turn on each other. There is also the scheduling aspect of it, their individual schedules may not allow for the necessary time needed to record. Even with albums not taking as long as they used to, it still does take time and time equals money. There could also be personal issues that have prevented them from recording together. There is a lot that goes into making a record, and to make one that people actually want to listen to takes time. With the two artists mentioned they are both fairly popular and do travel a lot. Their fans are going to expect a really good product if they do collaborate. Only time will tell if this happens, but if it does lots of people will be happy.

I'd buy that CD for sure!