I'm a Christian. But if someone asks me how can you prove that Jesus arose from the grave after dying?

How can I convince that person? I can tell him what the Bible says. What else should I say?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

As a Christian, your life should 'speak' to others about the reality of a living Lord Jesus having transformed you. Then they might listen to the simple logic of this evidence you explain:

All the Jewish religious leaders had to do to stop tales of Jesus' resurrection spreading was produce His corpse.

They couldn't, because there was no body in the tomb. It had vanished, despite a huge stone and Roman guards.

Over a period of 40 days, over 500 people saw Jesus alive and well, after His public crucifixion. Some of them saw Jesus ascend bodily up into the sky, till clouds hid Him from their sight. Eye-witnesses.

Before He died, Jesus promised to send His followers the Holy Spirit to guide, teach and empower them. But He had to go back to Heaven to do that. A few days after returning to Heaven, His followers were waiting for this, in Jerusalem, when the Holy Spirit came in power. They were then enabled to speak in other languages. That was significant because Jerusalem was thronged with thousands of visitors for the festival of the Feast of Weeks, many of them speaking other languages. This outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the Christians enabled them to share the good news about Jesus' resurrection to those thousands, and over 3,000 of them were converted, on one day! Thereafter, many miracles were done by the Christians, resulting in many more conversions, new converts returning to their home countries to spread Christianity there.

The point is that Christianity exploded on to the world scene. It took off like a rocket, and despite horrific persecution coming a bit later. The Christians were prepared to die for their faith in a resurrected Christ. People who are believing a myth, an allegory, will not die for a nice story. So, if you use a bit of logic like that, plus live a life that honors the risen Christ, that is what you can do. The links give more help. AiH

• 4 years ago

You can't, so don't try. Convincing people never works out very well in my experience. Let the Holy Ghost convert them instead. Simply tell the truth, that Jesus Christ resurrected himself into physical life, health, and immortality and invite him to study and pray to know that for himself. Missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can help.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

You can't really say anything. There has never been any proof that he even existed, and as nothing has been heard from him in 2,000 years, it seems highly probable that if he did exist, he was just an ordinary man who may have said some controversial but very motivational things in his short life.

There never has been any proof that a god exists.

The Bible is just an old collection of myths and stories.

It makes no sense at all.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

If you are talking to an atheist, there is nothing you can say that will prove your fantasy to be real, because it isnt, unless you have verifiable undeniable solid proof, you don't and you never have and never will. Just because you say it's real doesn't make it real. It's a myth!!! End of story!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 years ago

This is something difficult for people to understand. What you think up is just as important as what I (might) be able to tell you. Listen to the Holy Spirit, respond to Him and if you can't think of much to say, praying for the people who have unbelief is something every believer can do....

• 4 years ago

You cant prove it other than believe the word of God that Jesus was raised from the dead.Ask them to read the Bible verses and let them decide.You cant convince anybody so dont even try to.

• Bryce
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Tell the person that the Bible is full of false history mixed with some history to make it appear to be true. According to the Bible, Jesus was physically and verbally abusive and referred to people as snakes, dogs, swine, and sheep.

• 4 years ago

Say like other Christians say: God loves you so much. But wait, it doesn't answer the question, right? So there is no answer.

• 4 years ago

Well, if the don't accept written accounts from eye witness, there is not much you can do.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

That's it. If they don't believe that's not your problem, as devastating as it is

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.