Why are the council doing nothing about my noisy neighbours? I ve had enough of the noise?

My neighbours always used to be quiet, but now they are relentlessly noisy from ridiculously early in the morning until ridiculously late at night every single day. It has been going on for over 3 years now, it s getting worse/louder every single day and i can t take it anymore but my neighbours still refuse to stop. I have gotten more and more sick of it between when it started and now, and at this point in time i am completely at my wits end with the noise so i ve complained to the council each time the noise has gotten extremely excessive but every time i phone them to complain they say they will deal with it but then they never do. I really can t take the noise from my neighbours anymore but my neighbours just won t stop and the council just won t help. It s not even a little bit of noise like what you have to expect from your neighbours. It s a large, abnormal and thoroughly unnecessary amount of noise at almost every hour of every single day and i have been very tolerant but i do have my limits just like we all do and i have had it up to here with the noise now. Why are the council doing nothing about my noisy neighbours? I ve had enough of the noise

• Scott

If the issue isn't being resolved, you have two choices: put up with it, or move.

At no point in your post did you mention if you talked to your neighbors. If you've never said anything, maybe they don't know that you find it too loud.

Pretty clear that you're exaggerating as well. It's been going on for three years, and it's gotten worse/louder every day? That's over 1000 individual increases in volume. Really?

• Tavy

You have to keep a diary of the noise and times and present it to Environmental Health at your Council A Video and sound recording will help

UK