If there were no religious books or texts on Earth, in what way you would have come to believe in a creator ?

And in your opinion what kind of creator would that be?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Seph
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

All the religious books and texts that we do have on earth, were written by people who came to believe in a creator before those texts existed, and believed them to be as they wrote them down... why would you expect it to be different if you started with a clean slate?

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The way people did before books and texts. It's called the oral tradition. Plus, don't forget, God himself was known for directly contacting people in certain cases. What kind of creator would he be? The very same one.

• 4 years ago

God has revealed His power through His creation.

Atheism is a pretense - an emotional choice to deny the reality of the Creator. But God isn't fooled. The unbeliever has no excuse.

That which can be known about God is made plain to everyone; God has shown it to everyone. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that everyone is without excuse.

Attachment image
  • 4 years ago

Excellent question, theists of all faiths rely on scriptures to uphold their beliefs, but think of it as a movie, it has a start (the Genesis), drama (plenty of it in the Bible), forbiden love (David and Berseba), Action (Wars, David and Goliath), it has a constant villian, Satan which we all know will be ultimately defeated by the main character God in a final hand to hand fight.

Sounds familiar? You had seen this same formula a million times in movies or TV, also the Bible wouldn't make sense without a bad guy tempting Adam and Eve.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Before I could read any "religious books" I knew there was a God.

Young children ask their parents where they came from. It's a natural question. One cannot be born, grow old and die without asking the question, books or no books.

His wonderful creations are in clear sight of ALL men. There's NO excuse.

Source(s): God's army - On R&S Patrol
  • 4 years ago

People believed in A Creator thousands of years before anyone worte about it. You're putting the cart before the horse.

• 4 years ago

Paganism. Multiple deities; focus on the Mother Earth as the creatress. I am pagan.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I don't know. Hypothetically. from oral stories and what, now, supplements written ones.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

God makes it clear he exists through his works

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

THRU GOD HIMSELF WHICH IS HOW WE DID FIND HIM WHEN WE PRAYED...BOOK IS FOR HISTORICAL VALUE AND HELP AND EDUCATION ETC.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.