What can i do about my neighbours being noisy? I really can't take them anymore?

My neighbours have been being a constant nuisance to me for the past 3 years and 4 months now. My next door neighbours follow me from room to room banging doors and cupboards shut, and my other neighbours constantly slam car doors shut out on the street. This has been going on for 3 years and 4 months now, and initially i was tolerant but i am only human and i do have my limits. I'm moving soon but i've not moved yet and i really can't take their noise anymore so until i move i need them to be quiet because i'm sick of them, but they won't be. I've tried everything i can think of. I've called/emailed the council, i've called the police and i've even spoken to my neighbours about their noise. Nothing that i've tried has worked to quieten them down, they are still being noisy, they're getting louder every day and i really have had enough of them. What can i do?

• syl

Have you ever actually approached them about your issues? You may want to try that out.

How is it, that car doors being closed outside on the street are bothering you when you're inside?

What are the chances, that the actual problem is you? Are you a malcontent? Are you a chronic complainer? Are you the type of person who is happy being miserable? Are you the type of person that isn't happy until everyone else is miserable?

Put in a complaint with your local governing authority. For example where I live (in the UK) We are run by local councils, you can report neighbours for causing a nuisance and they have a certain amount of time to comply or they are fined.

Phils from ‘Frisco, Jack’s from the P.I.! Horatio the Horat so bigga! Tito “Dick” Dickman, baby! He raised Phil and loves the ladies! Jack’s cool and lazy, he still learning, Number One Cherry Pie, still a virgin! Chita, meet da freak of da weekah! Phil’s homegirl that Jack wanna keep her, but that’s not happening neither! Shake it like a seizure, hold up, lemme spark this, take a breather, breathe that reefer in my lungs! I got grapes, watcha watchin’ son?

put in a complaint with your local governing authority... for example where i live (in the uk) we are run by local councils, you can report neighbours for causing a nuisance and they have a certain amount of time to comply or they are fined...

Wear earplugs or an mp3 player until you move.

Move or suck it up