Ex boyfriend s friend and me?

So the situation is: I live in a house with my ex boyfriend (we split up over a year ago, mutual decision as we weren t ever going to get married or could see a future together) and his friend as we are all at college/university together. Recently I have been hooking up with said friend. When I told my ex, he went mental, doesn t speak to either of us and the friend wont speak to me either. My ex says he is hurt beause it is his friend I have got with (kissing, touching and that s it) His friend outright lied to him and said I was making it all up. Thoughts please? Bear in mind my ex sees other girls, brings them round to our house and in that regard has seemed to move well on from me.

• Strand

You are free to hook up with whoever you want, you don't owe your ex any loyalty. But you were insensitive. There was no good reason to tell him at all, and you should have talked it over with the friend first. I'd take this as a sign that it's time to move out and distance yourself from him.