Trump wants to lower the corporate tax rate so that businesses might keep jobs in this country. But wasn't this already tried under Bush? Ho?

Keep in mind that there were already tariffs on imported goods (under Bush, Reagan...). Trump has no plan to increase these tariffs, but rather wants to lower the corporate tax rate for small businesses under the pretense that they will create/keep jobs in this country simply because they have to pay less in taxes.... show more Keep in mind that there were already tariffs on imported goods (under Bush, Reagan...). Trump has no plan to increase these tariffs, but rather wants to lower the corporate tax rate for small businesses under the pretense that they will create/keep jobs in this country simply because they have to pay less in taxes. However, I don't see this working for a number of reasons. Number one, something similar was already tried by George W. Bush, and it didn't work. Companies still continued to ship jobs overseas, probably because very often they can get away with paying little or no taxes, in addition to the lower cost of labor. Basically it wouldn't matter how low our corporate taxes were, you simply can't compete with a market where businesses are paying almost no taxes and their employees are able to get paid less. In any case, this is more or less what happened under Bush. It should also be understood that companies are not going to just hire people in this country just because they have a lower corporate tax rate, unless they need or want to hire more people. So I really don't see what makes Trump think businesses are going to hire if they have no incentive and don't need or want more workers. But nonetheless, his plan as far as I can tell is basically a repeat of what was done by Bush, and I really don't see how it is any different or how he thinks it will have any different results. If someone has an idea then perhaps you can let me know, because I just don't see it.
Update: If all Trump does is lower corporate taxes, businesses will basically just say 'thanks for the money, but it is still more profitable to use cheap overseas labor.' No republican will admit it, but to bring jobs back to this country would require more regulations.