Why did yahoo take out the ability to thumbs-down comments?

It's ridiculous. I used to enjoy seeing the thumbs up and thumbs down tallies and reading the comments. Often, the comments were more interesting than the article itself. But now, they've even tinkered with the ability to see past comments. There's no longer a link for me to click to see my "past comments" so that I can see who responded to them.

This awful change - along with the horrendous change they made to Yahoo Finance a few months ago - makes me wonder if they just want people to stop visiting the site so that it will die.

Looking at the Thumbs Up and Down was the only reason I still went to Yahoo News - in the end more and more articles are just links to other websites where you have to sign up with dozens of other sites to post comments so Yahoo has been going downhill for years. Now they pretty much made it worthless. Many of the articles now are just 1 line articles with a video link.

Because they are the liberal media, hell bent on pushing Hil LIE ry off on everyone and they didn't want anyone to be influenced by all of the thumbs downs they were getting from their bogus but t kissing articles.

Because the PC police didn't want anyone to get their feelings hurt...or maybe they read some of the many negative comments about Yahoo itself.

I take this new format as a blessing. I spent well too much time reading yahoo news comments.

I will stay off Yahoo for a week and if does not change, permanently

Yahoo always shoots themselves in the foot; it is as though they cannot understand what the subscribers want. They are just idiots. I really don't see any conspiracy theories here based on their history with human beings. Just morons, idiots, out-of-touch and out-of-date.

• SoCal

They've gone soft, whiney. Might as well hold hands and sing We Are the World when replying.

took the fun out of it. why even comment now? I'm going back to porn

They removed the thumbs up/down feature so that people wouldn't spend so much time in their comments boards.

They knew we were wasting hours a day cruising the forums and voting yay or nay. Instead they want us to focus on relationships and life goals, and stay off their site. Thanks Yahoo!

• Due to the election. They don't want people to see how much their leftist articles are hated.

Another nail in the Yahoo coffin.