Mark
Lv 6

Why can other people smell my cologne? But I can not smell it?

For a long time, I've worn popular colognes like Aqua Di Gio, Eternity, Burberry Touch, Jean Paul and One Million

I do not wear the cheap/ imitation stuff you see around lol

I only spray two or three sprays on me.. For about two or three minutes I smell the cologne...

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

Scientific fact, after 20 minutes we can no longer smell a scent that is still there

thats why they made these air fresheners that rotate scents every so often, so we CAN still smell them

we get used to a smell and block it out

• 4 years ago

It's just that you get used to it since you're around it all day.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/53526/how-do-our-no... <--- here's a slightly more scientific explanation. Basically, your brain shuts things down so you don't get sensory overload.

Don't spray more than you already are, otherwise you'll end up being one of those people who can still be smelled even after they leave.

• 4 years ago

Same reason as smelly ******* walk around the place, you get used to the smell when it's on you and you are smelling it constantly.

• 4 years ago

You're spraying them!

They go on my wrist, behind the neck, why waste expensive perfumes by putting them on your dress or spraying them on YOURSELF? How is your blood flow (veins) going to activate the scent?

You are supposed to apply the perfume to your pulse points..those are the warmest spots on your body (with the excepting of your head). I've also heard that rubbing the perfume is bad..it "breaks" the perfume.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bob
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

because you are used to the smell

• 4 years ago

Because you get used to it... others don't

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.