Mark
Mark asked in PetsDogs · 4 years ago

Should I say something to this friend?

My friend has two dogs. They picked one up from a church friend. The second one is a yr old. The oldest is more laid back. They do not let the dog outside to "go" use the rest room. Instead they have the dogs "use" a pee pad. I was over there two weeks ago. The smell of urine hit me in the face the second I was inside.. He real religious. He always praying and preaching to me. Telling me I should come to his church or a function at one if his church members house. I would sometimes go to this church breakfast (3rd Sat of ever month) Sometimes I would call them on Thursday to ask them if t hey wanted to go...They would pray at every meal. Even when I used to go to a place in public... It seem weird... Another time we went to the church breakfast. He started his preaching to me.. I was almost was done. I stood up... and told him I had to go....

If you've ever seen the show "hoarders" - you know that people can live in even EXTREME filth and feces and urine .... and not even notice they live that way. They don't smell the problem, or even will acknowledge they have difficulty taking care of their home and animals correctly. They get mad and defensive if anyone brings it up to them.

People who live like this have a mental illness.

Find new friends, and if this friend's house is a health hazard, feel free to call adult protective services to come and speak with them about the issue. Feces are full of E-Coli bacteria, and ammonia fumes from the urine can cause all sorts of health issues.

Why would you want to be friends with someone like that? He's disgusting AND a religious freak.

No, mind your own business, if they choose to live in a cesspool that is their choice.

Politely (if you wish) you may mention that he should stop preaching to you, and that you'd prefer not visit due to the stench in their home.

• Lizzie

Yes, please do tell him to do something about the strong odor. Try to explain housebreaking dogs to him. Sometimes, extreme religiousness is a sign of mental illness.

tell him his pee pad smells like Noah's ark