What does a person have to do to get their vehicle registered in the state they moved to?

Hi i have a cousin thats from atlanta georgia , & they moved here to north carolina and their confused on wut to do far as with their registrstion n stuff like that my question is if their car registration n driver license , license plate is from georgia n the car title n stuff will he have to transfer his stuff to north carolina from georgia since he'll be a resident here. I mean i dont wanna tell him nothin wrong so i need a lil help , if anybody can give me an answer thats from NC and knows all about this vehicle type of stuff please leave a answer , thank u :)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • g
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Yes. Your cousin will not only have to apply for a NC driver's license as soon as they establish NC residency they will also have to transfer title, register and insure their vehicle(s) with an NC based insurance provider. All this must be performed within 60 days of establishing residence, otherwise additional fees will be levied.

• DN
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

Probably go to the DMV or Secretary of State office to get it transferred.

• bo
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

all info in the DMV website usually under drivers license change or new residents

• Ron
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Apparently you don't have a license else you would be able to tell them what needs done.

1st, 2nd and 3rd step: https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/moving/

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.