Why do Jews say that Jesus blasphemed God on the cross?

I heard Jews saying Jesus can't be the Messiah because he blasphemed God on the cross when he said this:

From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land. 46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli,[a] lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”) Matthew 27

What confuses me, is that King David wrote the exact same words in one of his Psalms, directing them to God:

For the director of music. To the tune of “The Doe of the Morning.” A psalm of David.

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

Why are you so far from saving me,

so far from my cries of anguish?

2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,

by night, but I find no rest.[b]

3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;

you are the one Israel praises.[c]

I have never heard a Jew saying "King David blasphemed God. They honor him.

So why is there a double standard?

Why can they say Jesus is not the Messiah for saying the exact same thing King David said?

1. That wasn't blasphemy. Jesus was citing the beginning of Psalm 22.

2. Like you said, a double standard.

Since the Jews do not believe in Jesus, they think everything He said was blasphemy against God.

It implies Jesus didn't trust God's plan.

• Linda

The Jews, unfortunately, for the most part, insist on clinging to their traditions and have fallen behind in God's progressive plans. The nation of Israel was abandoned by God thousands of years ago. Try not to let them hold you back, as well.

People who say that obviously do not know the meaning of the word 'blasphemy' or are unable to comprehend simple biblical verses.

Not all Jews agree on all things. Just like no two humans do.

Scripture clearly states though that the elite Jews of Jesus' day demanded crucifixion because Jesus claimed to be God. And they called that blasphemy.

Jhn 10:31 ¶ Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Jhn 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

>>>>Jhn 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God<<<<.

Jhn 10:39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

Jhn 10:40 ¶ And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.

Jhn 10:41 And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.

Jhn 10:42 And many believed on him there.

IVE NEVER HEARD jew say that.....THIS QUES IS MORE ABOUT U UNDERSTANDING THE VERSE HUH? FATHER COULD NOT LOOK ON JESUS WHEN HE TOOK ALL THE SINS OF THE WORLD ON HIS BACK...GOD CANNOT LOOK AT SIN WHICH IS WHY WE HAVE TO BE FORGIVEN TO SEE GOD....EVEN WHEN HE SHOWS HIMSELF TO THE WORLD AFTER TRIBULATION HE WILL HAVE TO USE A SHIELD SO HUMANS WONT DIE FROM LOOKING AT HIM...HIS BRILLIANCE COULD MAKE PPL DIE INSTANTLY.