ibemiazee asked in HealthDental · 4 years ago

how bad is wisdom teeth surgery?

i get them out in like 3 days and am SO scared. how much does it hurt and for how long?

• Kat

The pain i had from my wisdom teeth before the surgery was worse than the post-operative pain. In fact, it was manageable with just Tylenol (the vicodin they gave me for pain just made me throw up and I found that I didn't need to ask for something else). My one suggestion is really just try to do a liquid/fully soft diet until they tell you you can eat regular. I was so hungry that i tried eating normal and that caused more pain. My fault. I had all 4 removed at once, BTW. So, stock up on smoothies and applesauce! You'll be fine. ;-)

Getting put under is better but you should be fine if you stick with eating purees, luke warm soups, smoothies afterwards and drink plenty of water. Also always ice your face with the jaw icepack. It really depends how experience the person is who's pulling out your teeth. Mine was recommended and extremely experienced and recovery was easy. Also you need to sleep upright on your back for a few night so prepare the pillows.

Relax.

The actual surgery is nothing if you get the anesthesia and are asleep while they're doing it. The only painful part is eating things that require quite some chewing. I didn't find it as bad as I thought it would be. It's an experience I wouldn't mind doing over.

Source(s): Done it before

not comfortable, maybe there are 3 tools inserted to your mouth, 1 for sucking saliva, keeping mouth dry.

i don't remember any pain during surgery.

after surgery, the doctor will give painkiller, with that painkiller there will be no pain. whenever you start feeling pain then eat that painkiller.

after surgery i can ate rice, beef, brocoli, and always ate normal food.

i revisit the doctor to have a sewing thread in my gum, removed.

but i lately realise there's a valley in my gum in that wisdom tooth area, which can cause food to get stuck then i would need toothpick to get that food out of that gum-valley, so ensure that doesn't happen

I got mine out 5 days ago and am still in so much pain.. the surgery itseld is no big deal, but the recovery process has been rough. I had the woest pain of my life on day 3

• Marvin

I did not enjoy it at all. I had all of them removed by a millitary dentist.

I told him I am allergic to narcotic pain killers. He said, "Be a man!". He was a total dick.

I was out of comission for three days.

Buy something to read!