What is the average cost of living in Singapore for a student per month?

You can actually google the estimated living cost in Singapore. However, the cost actually varies as it depends on where and how you're going to spend your money.

For instance, if you were stay in a hostel + regular 3 days meal and nothing else, you might only need about $1000.

However, if you're going to have personal use, transport, hostel fee, meals fee and others, excluding school fees, you might actually need up to $2500.

It also depends on how you're going to spend your money and if you're studying in private schools or government schools.

I'm a Singaporean and I'm studying at a private school which my tuition fees is actually around $6500+- and not to mention I need about $150++ for my transportation. As I need to top up $20 every 4 days. But if you live near your school, then your cost for transportation is definitely lower. My monthly allowance is only $240 including paying for my own phone bills which makes me left with $190. For a whole month, I need to use $190 and it is really never enough for me. I mean like, you need to hang out with friends and buy your own personal use such as clothes as well as for your own meals. And if one of your friends birthday is coming, that's another area where you need to use your money. So the expenses to live in Singapore or rather, any countries varies depending on how you are going to use your money.

• boop3 years agoReport

if you need to top up 20$ every 4 days why not buy concession?

As a tertiary student who lives with my parents and thus doesn't need to pay for accomodation, bills, etc...

I'd say $500~ish. This will include:

- lunches in school

- occasional dinners out

- very light shopping once a week (aka below $30)

- maybe a movie every weekend

- public transport

• Simple

It varies from S$400 to S$3000, depending on whether the student is staying in a hostel, rented room and level of study (secondary school or university)

• An average of S$1800 to S$2000 which includes, lodging, food, tuition and occasional outings with friends.

Depends on the typing of living u want. If you want to live a budget life, it'll be around $300~ +/- (taking the food from school for breakfast and lunch, school food's cheaper anyways) u can try live in ur friends house for the housing part and yeah its' about 300 +/-

Listen, try to Google to find those living-cost formulated calculators and blog-based service providers. There's no one specific answer to this question - it's all up to you, and especially not only your budget, but also your spending habits - tuition costs if you're attending university - and what university - how you're paying, if you'll be working, so on and so forth. Best of luck, happy travels

The minimum cost is around $1000-1300. btw I m a student

20$

$200 to $400 per month

$20