How to stop my screamer?

My son is nearly 3 and is quite a handful. I'm surprised I haven't signed myself into the looney bin yet. Anyway whenever things don't go his way he has the highest pitched scream and it drives me bonkers. Anything from hearing no to his sister tormenting him to him being frustrated because he can't... show more My son is nearly 3 and is quite a handful. I'm surprised I haven't signed myself into the looney bin yet. Anyway whenever things don't go his way he has the highest pitched scream and it drives me bonkers. Anything from hearing no to his sister tormenting him to him being frustrated because he can't do something sets him off. And it's not just at home it's in public aswell and quite embarrassing. I dread to think what our new neighbours think.
So does anyone else have this problem? Will the screaming stop soon and if not how do I fix it?
I try reasoning with him and even putting him in time out but he will just sit/stand and scream constantly.