What are the best suburbs to live in with a young family in Townsville?

Thinking of moving to Townsville next year and would like to know where the best suburbs are for living and school. Also what areas are prone to flooding? Will be renting and I have 2 kids ages 7 and 2. I usually like to rent properties on acreages so any info on nice properties out of town aswell would be good.

Thanks in advance.

• O

I cant advise on best suburbs and I think you will find renting anything with acreage will be like finding hens teeth

your main worry up there is not so much the flooding as the cyclones...!!!

I have friends up that way and they are always prepared

you need to keep water and food and torches and battery operated phone recharger types of things and one of those portable gas cookers so when there is no power you can make a cup of tea or coffee are very handy

I have never lived there but my father did long ago. From what he says, do not get down on the flat areas near the sea, they swarm with mosquitoes eg "Railway Estate". An uncle lives at Kelso, seems pleasant enough but too near a river for my taste. East end of Mt. Loisa looks good but rents there will be premium. Acreage? Oak Valley perhaps. Do not expect cheap rents