Gillian asked in HealthMental Health · 5 years ago

Is it normal to feel weird if you haven't cried in a while?

like, I have dysthymia so like a permanent depression but lately i've been trying to get over it and I have succeeded somewhat (although I think it may be coming back)

if I don't cry for a few days or a couple of weeks I feel not normal and bad about myself so I make myself cry- is this normal ?

Is this bad? How can I stop this?

Like crying gives me some kind of release or something, i don't know? I don't know what to do...

I have depression/anxiety for me i just do things that make me happy yknow? i spend time in nature whenever i can, i try hard not to become idle and sitting around, that's when daydreaming starts so look for a job dont sit around your house its not good for you. There's nothing wrong with crying, emotion is a good thing, remember laughter is also emotion. Whatever you are identifying with in your mind, let it go, thoughts are like magnets, you must move beyond thought, you are not your mind, mind is just another word for thoughts, that's all it is. Do things that are tough, like exercise and work, too much comfort is not good at all, then you can enjoy your spare time and draw, talk with friends or listen to some music thats what i like to do, go easy on yourself and love yourself.

• Naguru

In order to maintain perfect mental health conditions, you should be prepared to do anything and everything in life. I mean cry if it enhances your physical fitness and mental health.

Only a crying child gains more health.

Source(s): own