Tc asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 6 years ago

Has anyone recently been ripped off, mislead and/or lied to by canon Inc. after purchasing a camera from thier online store?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favourite answer

You should always protect yourself as much as possible when dealing with any company.

I've actually started recording telephone calls when making enquiries with organisations and I'm more likely to deal with a company using e-mail because I can file the response.

Commercial organisations exist to make profit, everybody at some point will have a bad experience, I wouldn't single out Canon or any other company as particularly bad examples, everybody could share a bad experience about one company or another it's just your luck.

You do have rights, Citizens Advice are worth chatting too about consumer disputes.

• 6 years ago

Well, they certainly engage in hype. When they say, "raises performance and quality to new heights", all hype, no facts. "brilliant design", hype no facts. And this goes on and on. I think most folks just filter out the hype and buy for whatever reason they always make their purchases. Is it misleading? Well, maybe, but I don't think they fool very many people.

• 6 years ago

In a word....NO!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.