What is the American Libertarian view on abortion?

I understand, that unlike American social conservatives/Republicans, they're more socially liberal, so they don't mind marijuana and homosexuality, but what is their general view on abortion - or at least the right of women to seek an abortion?

• Jay

A strict libertarian would feel that it is at the legal (even if not moral) discretion of the woman to make the decision. Even those that don't agree, feeling that the fetus has equal rights to the mother, feel that it's not the role of government to outlaw abortion.

However, most libertarians are not strict. Many feel that there are some areas, such as being able to protect the unborn, that justify government intervention. Unlike drugs and homosexuality, they might content, abortion is not a "victimless crime."

I make these statements, not necessarily as a reflection of my own opinions, but merely as explanation.

I think everyone needs to put their personal views aside. If you don't like abortions, then don't get one.

A woman has a right to a safe, clean, legal abortion.

• kate

Some are pro choice, others are not. This is one of several issues where Libertarians have differing opinions. In my experience, most Libertarians want government out of the equation.

mixed, personally I don't feel the government should support the killing of innocent human beings

Every woman should have the right to an abortion, and the government should stay out of it.

• YRU4IT

WWW.LP.ORG