Anyone else noticed unusually high 'thumbs up' across various boards?

Up until recently, on many boards, top answers would get maybe 10 or 12 thumbs-up. All of a sudden we're seeing numbers in the 40s ... are 4 times as many people voting or is there a flaw that's suddenly being exploited. Yes, I know people can create multiple accounts and vote for their own answers. But the question is why we're only seeing these high thumbs up now?

Tell me... are the TUs on clone accounts? Lately there has been a "clone storm" recently... a spammer registers 100's of accounts at a time. And then he (or a robot?) runs around copying/pasting the answer of other users on day-old questions. That's how the accounts build to level 2 before they start spamming.

Maybe the older accounts are now going through adding TUs to give a boost to the clone levels.

Here's an example (I'm not "calling out a user" since this isn't really a user, but a clone):

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140...

Sort the answers by "Newest". And then look at the copy/paste answers from the first-name users with a headshot for an avatar. I've seen these questions where different clones are using the same avatar.

Here's a REALLY good one: (remember to sort for Newest)

There are some legit ones mixed in once or twice, but the clone storm is obvious in that second one.

Is that what you're talking about?

A couple of my questions yesterday came up with over 50 thumbs up - and it definitely wasn't me. I am just assuming it is another fault with the system.

There have been a lot of changes - you are now allowed to answer your own question (the idea being that if you find the correct answer somewhere else you can add it for the benefit of others). You can also give yourself a thumbs up (but only once), you can move questions to another category (including other people's questions if you are level 7) - and probably a few others I haven't spotted yet.

• Zer0

It's not even the person voting for there own answers sometimes, I saw a question which had 80 thumbs up and I know that that user would not spend there time making that many accounts.

It seems to me that giving massive amount of thumbs up to themselves using clones would be a big tip off that that is what they are doing, so naturally they have to give massive amounts of TU to random people so that such a flag is less reliable. We can't presume everyone getting mass TU is guilty if they might not be.

Yeah, they have all sorts of glitches. Also, sometimes my contacts pages go from private to public and then back to public - even though they don't change the settings.

It would also appear that I can now also answer my own question!! Another bug!?!?

• Regwah

Yeah I just asked about that, kind of a nice surprise but wtf?