How do I deal with this without hurting my wife's feelings?

It sounds silly, but this is about a pair of sunglasses. Expensive sunglasses, that my wife gave to me for our anniversary. The glasses were too small for my face and too tight to wear, so we had them exchanged for a larger pair of the same style that were specially ordered by the shopkeeper (our families know each other) as a favor to me. The new pair, though, is too big (I could really have used a size in between the first and second pair, but that size doesn't exist in this style or brand). I feel self-conscious wearing them and I'm beginning to make up reasons not to wear them. Returning them isn't an option for a couple of reasons, but mostly because my wife was excited about this gift, and I'd hate to disappoint her. How do I avoid wearing them without hurting her feelings or how do I deal with wearing something that makes me feel awkwardly uncomfortable?

Be honest that they just don't fit. Tell her how much you love the gift and that you are so dissapointed that they didn't have the right size for you. Ask her if she will take you to the shop and pick another pair for you. Since you'll be there you can try them on and make sure they fit. I really don't see another way around it without hurting her feelings, just make sure you lay it on thick when you tell her how much you like them and wished they fit.

Source(s): I know women

Arrange to have them stolen.

You could "lose" them next time you go on a trip.